Wednesday, January 6, 2010

(Nearly) Worldess Wednesday - Sulmona, Italy - Casillo


Posted by Picasa
The young woman in my great-great aunt Amelia Casillo Berni.  The child is her son Frank.  Who are the other two people?  We have no idea.  I also have not yet researched the area of Sulmona yet.  I have ordered the FHC film for my ggg grandparents marriage (hopefully) and it may give Carolina Izzo's hometown, which may help clear up this photo.  If anyone knows Italian, can you translate what this card says?  The Google translation was jibberish:-(

5 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda,

    This is a lovely photograph. The verso says:

    Italian Postcard
    Gevaert [this is the name of the manufacturer of the paper]

    Sulmona
    We had this photograph taken one day when a photographer happened to go past our house, and this was taken in our courtyard.

    I wish you the best with your research.

    George Ferzoco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear George,
    Thank you so much! I appreciate this more than words can say.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think the other two people could be her parents? Or maybe her in-laws? They both look older than her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know they are not her parents, as we have photos of them. In-laws is definite possibility that I will have to look into. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're most welcome, Amanda; best of luck with your research!

    ReplyDelete