Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fearless Females: Let's Do Lunch!

March 16 — If you could have lunch (or another meal) with any female family member (living or dead) or any famous female who would it be and why?  Where would you go?  What would you eat?


This is a tremendously easy one for me.  I would have lunch with my great grandmother Anna May Sanderson Whitehead.  We could go where ever she wanted as long as she answered my questions about who she really was and, if I am correct in my assumptions, why she left her family in Canada and started a new one in the US. Having lunch with her may be the only way I ever find out for sure about her life.


Fearless Female prompt from Lisa Alzo at The Accidental Genealogist

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful question to think about.......and I did for about 2 seconds and decided that I would love to travel back in time to visit the island of St Helena at the time Napoleon was sent there...........you see my husband is the descendant of Charlotte Bagley who was Napoleon’s "Comforter" and I would love to ask her what Napoleon was like and why she became his "comforter" I would ask her why she left after his death going to London and then returning after awhile to marry Daniel Hamilton my husbands ancestor............what a wonderful luncheon that would be to sit beside this Stunningly beautiful woman (it is recorded as so!) and enjoy history as told by the one who made our family tree as it is today. “WONDERFUL”

    That is exactly who I would visit..........But if I could not there is a long list of woman from our trees that would be equally as much fun to ask many questions of……

    (Smiles) Lee-ann in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fascinating ancestor your husband has. I think that would be a wonderful and fascinating luncheon.

    ReplyDelete