Thursday, April 1, 2010

Outlining April's Tale

In April I plan to:
  • Put my Ancestry subscription to use for Acquard records
  • Visit BallinStadt, a museum and research facility on emigration from Hamburg.  Thank you to Joan of Roots'n'Leaves for leaving me a comment about this!
  • Complete the NGS online course Working With Deeds
  • Finish month two of ProGen and do assignments for month 3
  • Put information from the England BMDs I received into my genealogy program and write a blog post on them
  • Catch up on my Google Reader posts
  • Write blog posts on interesting topics from classes such as Intercultural Communication, Web Usability, Long Term Preservation and Library Services for Older Adults
  • Visit Hamburg family history centers to see if they have films I need for my German ancestry
Watch for postings on these and other topics this month:-)

5 comments:

  1. looks like a fun but busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for anything like that about Hamburg. Have you had to learn languages or carry an interpreter.

    I am wondering if they have said anything in class about the source for Stadmarriages. doesn't Hamburg keep stadt records such as marriages, births and deaths. I have been given the site, but for the life of me I have not figured it out. Do you know how to get informationf from it. Or do you have to request the information. I was told getting the information was free. Nothing is free???
    I'll see if I can hunt up that link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. possibly somewhere here.
    http://www.genealogie-forum.de/ostfrld/quellen/staatsarchive.htm
    though I am interested in information of hannover kingdom or Luneburg Stadt. and since Goehrde and oldendorf is by the goehrde, I suppose Dannenberg.

    ReplyDelete