Friday, June 12, 2009

Whitehead-Gress Wedding Announcement

Posted by Picasa
This is the wedding announcement of my great grandparents, Vera Gress and William Whitehead, from an unknown Buffalo newspaper in late March/early April 1921 (They married 28 March 1921). We found this in a box of family items my great-aunt Barbara had on my recent trip to Florida to visit. I am planning on finding the microfilm of the newspaper to see what Vera's middle name is listed as, as she appears to have changed it at some point in her life.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a teaser.
    From fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html
    Buffalo NY Morning Express,
    Sunday, Jan. 30, 1921
    Whitehead-Gress
    Mr. & Mrs. J. J. Gress of No. 173 Forest avenue, announce the engagement of their daughter, Vera J., to W. H. Whitehead of Buffalo.

    Did not find the wedding announcement, but it's a clue which papper to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!! I have never seen Buffalo newspapers online, this is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete