Saturday, March 13, 2010

ProGen - Month 1 Complete

As a newly minted member of the ProGen Study Group community (in group #6), I am now finished with month number one and have begun the readings for month number 2.  Month 1 focused on our genealogical resume, which was rather daunting.  I have namely done self-training, through reading, some online lessons and a lot of trial and error.  I have always learned best by going to the library and reading books and that is how I approached genealogy.  If there is a genealogy book in the Syracuse public library system, you can bet I read it or have it on my "to request" list.  In the future, I am going to try to attend more workshops and conferences to supplement my reading.  Everyone else seems much more experienced, but they are all very friendly and offer a lot of excellent advice!  I am looking forward to strengthening my skills as a genealogist through this program over the next 19 months.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1 month completion. I admire how you go about your study -- just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I don't know how you do it all, the studying in Germany, sightseeing, doing laundry (see I pay attention), genealogy research, blogging, being in the ProGen group, and planning a wedding. I am exhausted thinking about all those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes in Pro Gen 6. It may seem like everyone knows more than you, but each person brings a lot to the discussions through their experiences and perspectives. You are a valuable asset to the group. ---Amy (ProGen 3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda Dahling! Self-education is STILL an education and don't forget that. One month down and only 17 more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments ladies! I really appreciate all of your support!!!

    ReplyDelete