
This is a photo of my great-grandfather William Herbert Whitehead, located in the back corner, when he worked for
Socony Mobil "The Flying Red Horse" on Elk Street in Buffalo. He was the head clerk for payroll there, hence the nice corner desk:-) I believe this photo was taken in the 1950's. If anyone has relatives in the photo, please let me know so I can give you a copy. It is courtesy of my grandmother.
My photo for this Smile for the Camera is somewhat similar to yours....my grandfather at a desk job. I wish I had one of my great grandfather working in the steel mills. When I looked through what I have, there were only two that showed folks working my grandfather and father. This was a little more difficult for me.
ReplyDeleteWow, I really like this pic. As an accountant, I wonder if that would have been me back then. I can't imagine how I would keep the books without a computer. I think I will show this to our head payroll clerk!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoy this photo:-) I had never thought to take photos of myself and family at work, this is definitely now on my list of things to do.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the photo. It looks like your great grandfather didn't have to walk far to get to the water cooler :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat photo! Nice to see the "desk jobs" represented.
ReplyDeleteYes, I was thinking about the desk jobs too. Thanks for sharing your 1950s work photo, Amanda. Regards, Brett
ReplyDelete