Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - Sophia Gresz/Gress

This is a tin-type photo of my ggg-grandmother Sophia (unsure of maiden name) Gresz/Gress. Her granddaughter (my great-grandmother), Vera, looks like her, as does Vera's daughter (my grandmother) and me. It was amazing to see this photo to see how far back it goes. I'll do a photo spread here on that soon. Photo courtesy of my great-aunt Lois.

4 comments:

  1. You are fortunate to have a tin-type of a family member. I have a couple and treasure them. Thanks for sharing yours. There is a family resemblance, but you have a much nicer smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. It's very strange to run across a tin-type of my own g-g-grandmother. My dad, Francis Jacob Eddy, remembered her from when he was very little. My dad's parents were George Hamlin Eddy and Elizabeth Fink. If anybody has any more pictures or family info, please contact me at zevoov@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops -- I mentioned Elizabeth Fink as my dad's mom -- she was his grandmother. His mother was Elsie Gress.

    ReplyDelete